Checking out homes for sale in Fredericksburg, TX certainly has its’ perks. Fredericksburg’s German roots date all the way back to 1846 when for a while, settlers spoke their own dialect of the German language—known as Texas German.
Although we could go on and on about what locals love so much about this unique Texas Hill Country town, below we have narrowed down a list of 10 reasons just to get you started.
10. It’s one of the safest towns in Texas. No surprise if “dog at large” makes “crime of the week.” Our officers keep us safe.
9. We have THE widest Main Street in Texas (designed in the 1800s so that locals could do a U-turn with their ox carts)!
8. We have over 60 festivals per year—much more festivals than most places typically have. From a gourd festival to a crawfish festival or an antique car rally … We’ve got it!
7. We have the longest running, never-interrupted, county fair in Texas. Talk about good old-fashioned fun! You WILL see your neighbors entering their pies, quilts, and pumpkins hoping for a blue ribbon.
6. Amazing health care. Most towns our size struggle to attract a handful of doctors. We have over ONE HUNDRED doctors on staff at our award-winning hospital.
5. Best shopping ever! Main Street is home to over 150 unique shops, boutiques, and art galleries. Shopaholics rejoice!
4. Bon appétit foodies! Fredericksburg has over 60 restaurants. With a plethora of dining options—from mom and pop burger joints to intimate bistros to world-class dining. If you’re feeling peckish, this is the place to be!
3. Prost your steins because we have THE best Oktoberfest outside of Munich!
2. We are the number two destination for wineries in America, after Napa Valley!
1. Mostly, locals’ love being able to sometimes go where everybody knows their name.
Want more Fredericksburg?! We’ll take you to our favorite diners, dives, to award-winning wineries, unique boutiques and good ole fashioned small town festivals on our This is Fredericksburg video series.